Friday, May 18, 2012
Grilling adds amazing flavor to nearly everything we've tried, especially fresh veggies. Here's our take on the 5 best vegetables for grilling this summer.
One quick tip before you get started - if you're going to cook anything on a wooden skewer, soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before they hit the grill to prevent them from burning.
1. Corn: toss the corn on the grill, husks and all. Cook for 15-20 minutes while turning occasionally for even cooking.
2. Asparagus: just coat in a bit of olive oil and grill for 6-12 minutes. They're done when you can pierce the bottom of the stalks with a sharp knife.
3. Mushrooms: Large mushrooms can be sliced and placed directly on the grates whereas smaller ones should be skewered so you don't lose 'em. Brush them all with oil before they hit the grill. Most will cook in under 15-20 minutes.
4. Zucchini: You can either slice them lengthwise and grill or cut them into cubes and use skewers. Cook until nicely browned.
5. Onions: Quickly cut them into thick slices, brush with oil and toss on the grill for around 15 minutes. They're great as a side or on a juicy burger or steak!
Any other favorite themes, ingredients or dishes you'd like us to highlight? Post them in the comments! Also, Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for recipes, tips and more.
Posted by FoodPair at 11:50 AM